About Us

Camp Netimus for Girls was founded by the Moore family of Philadelphia and named after an 18th century Delaware Indian chief. Netimus opened in 1930 with 16 campers and included among its facilities the lodge, four cabins, the “bingee” (the shared bathroom in the cabin grove), and one tennis court. Construction was begun on the dam for the lake, and later a second tennis court and the infirmary were built. More than 80 years later, Camp Netimus Sleepaway Camp for Girls has grown to 140 campers with the same philosophy that has allowed us to thrive all these years. As … Read more